Things to do at Swaner:
- Enjoy a self-guided or docent-led tour through the building. The EcoCenter is a LEED Platinum Certified green building and is one of the greenest buildings in Utah. The building includes a deck out into the wetlands and an observation tower. For a virtual tour of our building click here.
- Explore our exhibit hall with displays of habitats found on the Preserve, watersheds, and Preserve restoration and management.
- Climb on our wetland-themed indoor climbing wall. Open every Saturday from 1:00-3:00 pm. $5.00 per person for non-members, free for members.
- Go on a self-guided nature walk or snowshoe (in the winter) on our self-guided Wetland Discovery Trail. Open during EcoCenter public hours. You can rent snowshoes from us for $5.00 per pair.
- Hike or snowshoe (in the winter) on the 10+ miles of trails on the North side of our Preserve. These trails are open all day, every day to the public. Trails take off from the Spring Creek Trailhead.Snowshoes can be rented from us for $5.00 per pair.
- Attend a guided nature walk or snowshoe tour (in the winter) on the Preserve. These tours are held on Saturdays from 10:00-11:00 am. Reservations for these tours are required by 4:00 pm the Friday before. They are open to the public and the cost is $5.00 per person for non-members, free for members. Snowshoes can be rented for $5.00 per pair.
- Attend one of our many educational and community events or programs.
Please contact us at 435-649-1767 x 0 or email@example.com for more information, to RSVP for an event, or to arrange for a special tour.