Teen Camp Counselors
Become a Teen Camp Counselor for Swaner Summer Camp 2018!
Are you looking for a fun and engaging summer job?? Do you like working with youth? Apply to become a camp counselor at the Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter Summer Camps today!
Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter offers opportunities for responsible and excited teens to be summer camp counselors. Teen counselors lead campers in activities, help with set-up and clean-up, and ensure we maintain a fun, safe camp atmosphere! It’s a great way to gain leadership and teaching skills, build your resume, and have a fun and exciting summer!
There are two different camp counselor positions available in 2018. Teens in grades 9 through 12 that are under the age of 16 can apply to be a Camp Counselor I. Teens in grades 9 through 12, or who are graduating in 2018, who are 16 or older can apply to be a Camp Counselor II.
Listed dates are tentative and subject to change
• Monday, March 5th: Applications open
• Friday, May 11th: Applications due by 5 PM
• Monday, May 14th—25th: Interviews with Education team
• Monday, May 28th: Job offers and schedules will be sent to selected applicants
• Week of June 11th: one day training—will be scheduled based on counselor availability
• Monday, June 18th—August 17th: Camps in session
• End of August: end of summer social
Camp Counselor I – Teens entering Grades 9-12 in Fall 2018 and younger than 16:
- Type of position: volunteer
- Benefits include: experience working with youth, leadership development, letters of recommendation, reference for future job applications, fun experiences
- Time Commitment: must attend 1-day training and commit to volunteering for at least 1 week of summer camp (approximately 25 hours per week)
- Responsibilities include helping with set up and clean-up of camp, playing games with campers, working with and leading small group activities, etc.
- To apply to be a counselor I, please fill out this application.
1258 Center Drive
Park City, UT 84098
Camp Counselor II—Teens entering Grades 9-12 in Fall 2018 who are 16 or older, or
teens that graduated from High School in 2018:
- Type of position: paid
- Benefits include: $8/hour, experience working with youth, leadership development, letters of recommendation, reference for future job applications, fun experiences
- Time Commitment: must attend 3-day training and commit to working at least 2 weeks of summer camp (approximately 25 hours per week)
- Responsibilities include helping with set up and clean-up of camp, supervising small
groups of campers, helping with check in and check out, mentoring counselor I’s, playing
More information about the summer camps offered at Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter can be found here.