Teen Camp Counselors
Become a Teen Camp Counselor for Swaner Summer Camp 2022!
Are you looking for a fun and engaging summer job? Do you like working with youth? Apply to become a camp counselor at the Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter Summer Camps today!
Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter offers opportunities for responsible and excited teens to be summer camp counselors. There are many benefits of being a camp counselor at Swaner! Gain leadership and teaching skills, boost your resume, and build a reference for future job applications — all while having fun helping kids explore nature and science!
A typical day of a camp counselor includes:
- Helping with set-up and clean-up of camp
- Playing games with campers
- Leading small group activities
- Ensuring camp is a fun, safe, and inclusive atmosphere
There are two different camp counselor positions available in 2022.
- Camp Counselor I: volunteer position. Teens must commit to counselor training and at least two weeks of camp.
- Camp Counselor II: paid position. Teens must commit to counselor training and at least four weeks of camp.
Listed dates are tentative and subject to change
- Tuesday, February 1st: Applications open
- Wednesday, May 18th: Applications due by 5 PM
- May 2nd-27th: Interviews with Education team
- Tuesday, May 31st: Job offers and schedules will be sent to selected applicants
- Week of June 6th: two-day training—will be scheduled based on counselor availability
- Monday, June 13th—August 12th: Camps in session
- Beginning of August: end of summer social (if COVID allows)
Camp Counselor I — Teens entering Grades 9-12 in Fall 2022, who can commit to at least 2 weeks of camp:
- Type of position: volunteer
- Time Commitment: must attend 2-day training and commit to volunteering for at least 2 weeks of summer camp (approximately 25 hours per week)
To be considered to be a Camp Counselor I, you must submit your application by 5:00 PM on Wednesday, May 18th.
Camp Counselor II — Teens entering Grades 9-12 in Fall 2022, and 2022 high school graduates, who are 14 or older and can commit to at least 4 weeks of camp:
- Type of position: paid, starting at $8/hour
- Time Commitment: must attend 2-day training and commit to working at least 4 weeks of summer camp (approximately 25 hours per week)
To be considered to be a Camp Counselor II, you must submit your application by 5:00 PM on Wednesday, May 18th.
More information about the summer camps offered at Swaner Preserve and EcoCenter can be found here.